Pregnancy is a magical feeling. Pregnancy Photography is one way to capture this special feeling and connection with the unborn child!
Going through a pregnancy is an interested journey. Emotionally there are ups and downs. Physically your body is adjusting to ensure that your baby is safely growing inside the warm and safe womb. It is natural that you would want to capture these stages in your body.
As you can imagine, pregnancy photography focuses on the growth of your belly. You can choose to have multiple sessions or single session.
Multiple sessions pregnancy photography
- Get ready with a set of clothes and be prepared to wear it month after month
- Pick a specific corner of the house to shoot or even a favourite in town
- The fun is seeing the belly changes from month to month
Single session pregnancy photography
- Shoot during 32 to 36 weeks of pregnancy or whenever the bump is big and obvious
- Find a few dress or wear a tube to make it obvious
- Consider to hire an artist for a pregnant belly painting session, find out more details here.
- Pick a outdoor venue or a indoor studio that you are comfortable in having the shoot
- Invite your husband and older children to join this special photoshoot in celebrating a new member in the family
What are props that I should bring to the photoshoot?
We have props in the studio. But you may consider to bring the following for posing in the photos.
– Tiny baby clothing and socks for the newborn
– Ultrasound photos from the doctor appointment
Anything you want to make the photoshoot meaningful to you and your family.
When is the best time to make an appointment for a pregnancy shoot ?
For 1st pregnancy, usually between week 32 nd and week 36th is best time for the shooting.
Else, anytime when the tummy is quite obvious.
What clothes should I wear for the shoot? Is there any pregnancy dress in the studio?
Some of the studios do have clothes for pregnancy shoot, such as KL studio and Bandar Sri Damansara Studio. However, it may not suit your liking, so we encourage you to prepare 2 sets on your own. For others studio shoot, please prepare your own clothes.
We suggest 1 light and 1 dark outfit for the session. Husband and children can wear clothes with matching colours.
We have props that you can use during the shoot, please see baby photography props page for photos.